Monday, April 13, 2009

Upbeat and in the Sky

You know what?
I recently realized that generally, I'm a pretty happy person.
And I didn't used to be anywhere near that, either; at one point, I was suicidal and ready to end everything because I found that I had no goals and nothing at all I was interested in and therefore no real reason to live and waste the time and resources of those around me. I would've dug deeper with that box cutter had I had the courage and no one at all would've known until morning, when it was too late for anyone to convince me otherwise.

And I can reflect upon all this now, a positive human being, incredibly hopeful for the future. In two short years, I've grown as a person by leaps and bounds, really at a rate I have trouble believing. Freshman year, I was an incredibly childish, terribly lonely and unhappy little girl. Sophomore year, I was still incredibly childish and still moderately unhappy, but I had friends that loved me and that I loved back dearly. Junior year, now, I am STILL incredibly childish (but working on it ;) ), happy, for the most part, and I have friends that I absolutely could never part from and I am still continuing to make more friends as my social skills evolve and I learn more how to relate to people. I can't wait until next year, really. I can't wait for the rest of my life.

No comments: