Monday, May 25, 2009

Tiramisu and Other Culinary Misadventures

So my parents went away for the weekend to the coast, right? I figured I'd attempt cooking something yesterday night, because honestly, I was tired of Spaghettios and sandwiches and I was also tired of attempting (and failing) to study. So first I made tiramisu. I was very excited about it because I adore tiramisu and everything, so naturally, I made it very quickly and...well, I rushed, and in my haste to get it in the fridge for chilling, I forgot to add the coffee to the lady fingers. I had added rum, but that really wasn't enough for them to get nice and soggy, so, anyway, I let the thing chill in the fridge, completely unaware of the fact that I hadn't added coffee, and two hours later, as I bit into a piece, I realized I had probably used too much rum. Because I choked. Because it burned my throat. So that didn't go too well, but the cream part tasted good so I didn't toss it and I figured if I really wanted a piece later I could make some coffee, chill it, put it at the bottom of a bowl and let the ladyfingers soak it up before I ate it.

Next mishap!
I can't cook rice, apparently, not even with a rice cooker. For some reason I thought the rice to water ratio was 1:1, but it's actually 1:2, so the rice turned out only partially cooked, slightly burned, and kind of dry. ...Whoops. :)

No comments: